- CIIE-one of earliest incubation centres:It is of some use, as the few students who have used the service tell me.
- Brand:- IIMA broadband connection can be used for many things(albeit restricted by firewells) but can really help for mining data and downloading reports.
- Infrastructure on campus
- Knowledge:-Great library and electronic knowledge resources.
- IT:-An unlimited broadband connection. IIMA broadband connection can be used for many things(albeit restricted by firewells) but can really help for mining data and downloading reports. It would cost a lot outside.
- Student ideas:-Student projects/brainstorming could help reality check.
- Visiting faculty:-many would be happy to spend 2-3hrs over a cup of coffee.
- Marketing research fairs:-This is held annually(Insight) and is a great chance for people to validate their hypothesis/ideas.
- Other institutes
- LD:-Also helpful
- MICA:-Could help for marketing/PR, via C2C connections and projects
Sunday, January 15, 2012
IIM Ahmedabad not leveraging its entreprenuership potential
While speaking on angel investing, Anil Joshi of Mumbai Angels mentioned the view point. First, it seemed heresy to opine that on campus, but he elaborated his view, which my anecdotal evidence validates. We have the CIIE(Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship) on campus, but it has a very low profile among students. The center reportedly(as per informed sources) adopts the pull approach(interested students approach it) rather than the push principle of publicity and creating awareness.